[XviD-devel] MBTransQuant2

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 08:44:30 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, daniel smith wrote:

> i just want to make sure the MBTransQuantIntra2/Inter2 functions haven't been activated in the past.  interlacing may be totally non-functional with them, as the field-dct test is done twice instead of once.  also a stride calculation is missing for intra blocks.
>
> are these functions going to be used in the future?

I added them rather for testing purposes, but it might be possible that
they will becaume default, since it's more convinient to not have
duplicate code for calling Quant, DCT etc. and the
"Inter2/Intra2" approach is better e.g. for B-frames.

I have to admit I more or less only drag-and-dropped the existing code
to new routines to create them without thinking of interlace.

Would it be much work to look into them and fix the problems?

gruel