[XviD-devel] better rate control

Michael Militzer xvid-devel@xvid.org
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 13:11:33 +0200

Hi,

> So, we won't need the method to ensure target filesize. Fine.
> How about CBR, could that be improved? Or should we concentrate
> on other tasks?

I'll do a study project on ratecontrol this semester, so I will concentrate
on this topic anyway (which also means that you other guys could concentrate
on other tasks...). I haven't fully read the Zhihai paper yet, but it looks
interesting. I believe that a lot can still be improved for CBR mode, but I
don't plan to start working on ratecontrol before the "new" API 3.0 XVID is
somehow "ready"...

bye,
Michael