[XviD-devel] [STATUS] XviD stable tree

Edouard Gomez xvid-devel@xvid.org
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 01:28:38 +0200

Hello,

Christoph and I have been doing  easy cleanup and have been adding GPL
headers + copyrights to most of the files now.

You can have a look at the complete changelog into the cvs :

http://cvs.xvid.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/xvidcore/changelog.txt?rev=1.4

Nothing important  has been changed  from normal user ppoint  of view,
but this will be a clean source tree (developer point of view).

The next plnned things in the stable tree are :
  - Remove last bits of Bframe encoder (mostly bitstream functions imo)
  - clean portab.h (it's nasty now with so many architectures + cpu)
  - Make sure bframe decoding is still working
    We decided to keep this into  XviD stable tree because it's not so
    hard to stabilize it (it is already stable, isn't it ?)

When  these 3  things will  be done,  i propose  to release  our first
official stable  x.y version. Michael  told me some people  were using
API version for XviD versionning, i  don't like this idea but if it is
already used, we'll have to stick to this version numbering scheme.

So x.y will probably be 2.1

I hope to release this soon !

--
Edouard Gomez