[XviD-devel] API3 -- hinted mv & bframes

peter ross xvid-devel@xvid.org
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 22:25:58 +1000

hey all,

ive been looking at the hintede me code. its pretty good as-is, but
i'd like to make some chages:

1. rework the hinted GET/SET functions such that they accept
   a FRAME * pointer.

2. extend the hint bitstream to support bframes.
   gruel,syskin, what mb[x]->fields do we need for bframes??

3. remove raw hints; it seems they're not used by anyone, and they
   add heaps of unncessary structs to the api.

while hints arent a huge priority, i would like to get them cleanly
implement in v3.0; currently they're not being reodered during
bframe encoding.

-- pete