Re[4]: [XviD-devel] motion estimation for B/P/I decision

Radoslaw Czyz xvid-devel@xvid.org
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 00:34:03 +0930

> For I/PB frame decision, maybe my histogramm detection could be very useful.
> but i need to work a lot on it to get it ready.

You mean I/PB or I/P/B ?
Of course your histogram could do better. I just wrote a very simple
piece of code ;) that just seems to work. It doesn't mean it's the
best.

> is SKIP mode possible for BVops ?

Yeah, it's simply direct mode with 0,0 vector. I think they could
spare this coded/not coded bit. Whatever.

However, I meant skip-mode in P frames. If a macroblock is skipped
it's also (automatically) encoded as forward-mode 0,0 in all B-frames
before.
As I do an analisys of all B-frames before P-frame, I could also make
sure that skip-mode is allowed without any computational cost (I make
a SAD of 0,0 forward-mode anyway).

Radek