Re[8]: [XviD-devel] motion estimation for B/P/I decision

Radoslaw 'sysKin' Czyz xvid-devel@xvid.org
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 01:42:13 +0930

> moving clouds are the ultimate smearing source. i have a 200 frames
> long scene with mainly a cloud moving few pels/frames. it almost all
> my tests failed on it. it's really a torture clip.

Sounds horrible indeed.

> an idea to avoid any smearing : P-200B-P like gops in long still scenes.
> but i'm not sure it's even MPEG-4 compliant !

;-) How about P-8B-P ? If you think that would work, maybe you could
compile my code, set max_bframes = 8 and see how it goes?
It would do exacly what you had said.
I'm just curious :)

Of course, probably nothing would help with the cloud clip... maybe
except setting skip-thresholds to half of their current values.

Radek