Re[2]: [XviD-devel] motion estimation for B/P/I decision

Marco Al xvid-devel@xvid.org
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 18:58:30 +0200

Marc FD wrote:

> @MarcoAI
> do you have any C implementation of Zhou Wang's structural distortion
> measure ??
> i could'nt find anything usefull on the site. you said it was better than
> PSNR ?
> how did you tested ? it would be usefull to have another objective value for
> "quality" comparaisons.

Heh, that was well hidden ... almost didnt catch that.

I never said it was better than PSNR did I? I think I just said it was my
favourite :) His structural distortion measure for video does outperform PSNR in
VQEG testing though (it's combined with a seperate blocking measurement and also
takes into account the chromatic components). I could make a C implementation of
the image based one if you want.

BTW, how many more bits does a MB with a (0,0) relative MV with skipped
coefficients take compared to an entirely skipped MB?

Marco