[XviD-devel] Function names in XviD

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 10:50:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, peter ross wrote:

> >Any volunteers / objectors?
>
> no objections here.
>
> what other functions (other than idct/fdct) are causing conflicts?

The fdct_mmx was solved by ffmpeg changing their name to ff_fdct_mmx,
but we should care about it. So _everything_ that is of general
interested, should have a unique name.

> note: we need to change both the function and the function-ptrs names

The function pointers are exported, too? Sh*t...
Edouard adn I wanted to move them to Encoder-Structure, because
the current method is not at all thread-safe, but we were too
lazy... Maybe this is the time for that, then we don't have to rename them
anymore.

gruel