AW: [XviD-devel] win32 xvid_stat crash

Vincent GOMEZ xvid-devel@xvid.org
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 11:50:08 +0200 (MET DST)

'lo,

I looked at my changes and i see nothing. I've just changed const qualifiers in init_vlc. THe problem is i can't look at ths bug because i'm not supposed to debug xvid at work... and i don't have a win box at home.

I found something rather strange and i already told that to christoph yesterday.

Build a vc++6 binary (xvid_core and xvid_stat) -> crash at random C calls (printf and/or malloc)

Build a xvid core dll with cygwin (mingw32 cross compilation) + xvid_stat compiled with vc++6 and linked against xvidcore dll -> runs fine

So you're right to say problem is in xvid core, but why do we have a functionnal xvid core with gcc2/3.2 libs and buggy one with vc++6 ?

--
Edouard Gomez