Re[2]: [XviD-devel] motion estimation for B/P/I decision

Marc FD xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 12:04:58 +0200

----- Message d'origine -----
De : "Marco Al" <m.f.al@student.utwente.nl>
À : <xvid-devel@xvid.org>
Envoyé : vendredi 20 septembre 2002 19:58
Objet : Re: Re[2]: [XviD-devel] motion estimation for B/P/I decision

> Marc FD wrote:
>
> > @MarcoAI
> > do you have any C implementation of Zhou Wang's structural distortion
> > measure ??
>
> Here is a working one (ignore the C++ stuff around it, thats just for
testing it
> with the 512*512 GIFs from Zhou Whang's site).

great !! thanks a lot.

i will try to understand it now. it's seems dumb,
but i understand C better than english ;)
when i would have understood how it works, i would
ASM-optimise it. any hint for that ?

BTW, can i use this implementation (or a modified one)
for avisynth? it would be cool for our Compare filter.

and just 2 questions for all the mathematicians here :
- what is the main differences between PSNR / SNR ?
- how do you compute SNR from the SSD ??

Cheers,
MarcFD  marc.fd@libertysurf.fr