[XviD-devel] [STATUS] ToDo list for Win32 developers, have a look and send fixes.

peter ross xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 01:36:43 +1000

>Something went  wrong with  the project file  i commited  yesterday. I
>tested it at  work but it seems  not to work well now...  don't ask me
>why, but asm files are not processed (so told me sysKin on IRC)

ive fixed the following
* removed xvidcore.dsw
* added assembly linkage to libxvidcore.dsp
* modified vfw.dsp such that it now uses libxvidcore.lib

i have NOT done the libxvidcore.dll stuff; i'd like to hear michaels
opinion first. anyway the proposed structure is:
- libxvidcore.dll will export xvid_xxx() functions
- xvid.dll(vfw) and xvid.ax(dshow) will then dyn-link to libxvidcore.dll

note: sometime ago i was consired merging vfw and dshow together, such
that they could utilize the same vfw-configuration-dialog code.
any thoughts on this? (btw, the directshow stuff could be cfg-managed
to permit compilation without the 100megabyte directx sdk)

-- pete