[XviD-devel] api 3.0 branch

peter ross xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 15:27:47 +1000

it seems the cvs head is now fairly stable, clean and copyrights
corrected.

i think it makes sense to branch the cvs head now (even though it lacks
bframes), apply api3.0 stuff, and THEN manually bring over the bframe
stuff? i get the feeling api-dev-3 branch is pretty "dirty".

the new api's auto width/height detection code works rather well; ive
modified the dshow frontend to support the ligos .mp4 splitter. the
splitter only supports certain .mp4 types, urgh, but its a start.

this leads me to another question (well its already been mentioned):
i think its time we implement buffer underrun detection. eg. when the
decoder runs out of bits when decoding an image/header. it shouldnt be
too difficult to implement using setjmps,etc.

-- pete