[XviD-devel] UCI : a open standard, x-platform VfW replacement ?

ChristianHJW xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 08:23:29 +0200

Hi,

I'd like to hear your opinion here guys :

http://uci.sourceforge.net

As some of you were aware the MCF team had plans to create a kind of
openstandard, x-platform codec handling API , we called it 'transor API' ,
for MCF. This was not because we were particulary keen on doing so, but
because we notived that real x-platform support of MCF in all directions
could not be achieved easily if we sticked with VfW only ( of course we can
use it in 'MCF-A' streams ).

Now we got in touch with Alex, he has created the above project, and we are
considering to support UCI and drop transor API in favour of it.

My question to you guys ( before we do this ) is :

1. How difficult was it to adapt XviD such that it supports both, VfW and
UCI ( is this possible at all ) ?

2. Would you put this in CVS if there was a working, stable version for such
?

Regards
--
Christian