[XviD-devel] api 3 merge

peter ross xvid-devel@xvid.org
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 23:54:06 +1000

hello,

i would like to merge the new api, or atleast parts of it, such
that we can get rid of all these bframes macros. any suggestions on
how to do that, whichout causing too much trouble?
e.g

- in its current form: lots of functionality will be broken, but
    iam hoping ppl can help fix that quickly.

- spend more time, clean it up, commit it all-in-one-go & cross
    my fingers that nothing breaks. i did this back in december
    wtth xvidcore, but the api was significantly simplier.

- piece-by-piece: gradual changeover, meaning the api will
    be changing frequently. probably would start by removing with the
    decoder or rate control.

also, since this is dev-api we can remove all the #def bframes,
right?

-- pete