Re[6]: [XviD-devel] New Motion Estimation (from sysKin) committed to branch

Michael Niedermayer xvid-devel@xvid.org
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 18:34:33 +0200

Hi

On Wednesday 25 September 2002 16:27, Radoslaw 'sysKin' Czyz wrote:
[...]
> Ah, and one more thing. I don't have much (any?) reports telling if
> B-frames work or not. Edouard Gomez seems to have HUGE problems with
> it, but I don't know why.
> @Koepi - please tell me if the file you've encoded decodes fine with
> xvid (by Vdub). That's important because both ffdshow and divx5
> decoders have problems with variable number of Bframes.
does ffmpeg/mplayer have problems too?
if yes or dunno than it would be nice if someone could provide a short file
which shows these problems

btw, ffmpeg shouldnt have a problem with variable number of b frames

[...]

Michael