[XviD-devel] Adaptive Quantization

Marco Al xvid-devel@xvid.org
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 10:09:23 +0200

Christoph Lampert wrote:

> That's why I was wondering what other effect there might be.
> Maybe there is a bug in adaptive quant which wasn't noticed before...

You are doing transform/quantization twice? I was assuming you did a slight
rewrite and were doing the adaptive quantization inside mbtransquant. If not why
not just break in mbtransquant when it reaches the MB you modified the dquant
for and step through it to see where it starts to differ from what you did in
the adaptive quantization code?

There might be a bug, the whole dquant LUT obfusciation business promotes it
(seems easier to just work with an unencoded mb.dquant and just encode it
correctly in mbcoding.)

Marco