[XviD-devel] new gui proposal

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Tue Apr 1 21:43:26 CEST 2003

suxen_drol (suxen_drol at hotmail.com) wrote:

> are any  unix users interested  in developing a  cross-platform config
> gui?  ie. fltk or some other gpl'd toolkit.

Yes we  are. I have no contructive  arguments here, but fltk  is just an
horrible looking toolkit. The better would be to base the UI directly on
the C Gtk2 widgets or use the C++ wxWindows wrappers.

Basically both toolkit allow (all)  users to keep their desktop homogene
with their usual look&feel while  fltk will completely break the overall
looking (at least on unix).

http://www.gtk.org/
http://www.wxwindows.org/

PS: wxWindows is a wrapper C++ library, it uses Win32 widgets on Windows
systems and Motif/Gtk on Unix.

--
Edouard Gomez-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...