[XviD-devel] Re: optimizations

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Wed Apr 9 00:01:45 CEST 2003

Rémi Guyomarch (rguyom at pobox.com) wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 08:02:07PM +0930, Radek Czyz wrote:
> > - encoder.c - I disabled bframe_threshold (but just uncomment it if you
> >   need it), because our vfw was setting it to 255 (?).
>
> Huh, the current mencoder driver expose it :-/ (and defaults to 0).
> Should I remove this option ? (currently mencoder supports only
> dev-api-3 and release-0_9_[01], not dev-api-4).

No don't change anything.

API has not changed for external programs, it's just that this parameter
has been disabled in the only place where it is used in the encoder (the
variable is  not passed  anymore to the  relevant function, we  pass the
default value - ie 0 which is your default value).

Btw this  change has  been motivated  by the fact  VFW frontend  was not
using  it the  right  way. /me  slapped  Syskin a  bit  on IRC[1]...  he
promised that he would fix vfw and enable this parameter again.

So  don't touch  your  code. The  worst  case would  just  be an  unused
parameter, the best would just be that windows devs should learn to fix
things where they have to be fixed[1].

[1] Just kidding of course... ;-)

--
Edouard Gomez-------------- next part --------------