[XviD-devel] Help with mp4v

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Tue Apr 22 00:29:00 CEST 2003

Adnan Tariq (sher_mukh at yahoo.com) wrote:
> Hi there
> I am working on video security project and I need
> files in .divx or .mp4v extension.

.divx files are just avi files containing a divx stream and then just
renamed into .divx files.

.mp4v files are just raw mpeg4 video streams.

> I searched the internet for  these extensions but couldn't find it.  I
> have the  raw video in yuv422, yuv420  etc format can any  one tell me
> how to get these formats.  Appreciate your help.

For AVI files  you could use whatever MPEG4  codec available through the
VFW framework.

For .mp4v  files, you  have just  to get the  encoder output  stream and
write it to disk directly (no container)

--
Edouard Gomez-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...