[XviD-devel] xvid license

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller Uraeus at linuxrising.org
Tue Apr 22 01:08:51 CEST 2003

Hi,
I am with the GStreamer project (http://www.gstreamer.net) which is
creating a full featured multimedia framework for Linux and Unix
plattforms. We are just putting the finishing touches on an encoder
plugin using xvid. GStreamer is LGPL and due to that wish that as many
of our plugins as possible is available under terms that makes them
useable on the same terms as the LGPL sets.

I looked at your license and see that you have a special exception for
VFW1.1 and DShow interfaces, and was wondering if we could get a similar
exception for applications that access xvid through GStreamer. If so we
would be very greatful.

Sincerely,
Christian Schaller

--