[XviD-devel] DivX 5.04 final is out && possible bug ?

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Wed Apr 23 00:48:46 CEST 2003

Hi,

First i was at school and i was _bored_ so i decided to watch the Matrix
2 trailer on a video projector[1]... of course the AVI had a XVID fourCC
which  is  not  right  because   we  don't  have  admin  rights  on  our
workstations and  thus we cannot install  XviD vfw. Btw i  know DivX can
handle XviD  files because it's MPEG4  :-) so i install  the divx player
from divx.com.

Well, 5.04 is out. Right perhaps they fixed bugs, i don't really care, i
just want to watch my trailer.

But what  a surprise when i  see that my  so nice AVI file  encoded with
dev-api-4+mencoder is badly  decoded from time to time.  It shows lot of
blocks, that's typically the type of visual bug when the compensation is
badly performed.

The avi file is available at (50MB):
http://ed.gomez.free.fr/vrac/Matrix.Trailer.Final.XviD.avi

Any win32 developer to  look if my AVI is buggy or  if DivX 5.04 decodes
badly this file ? Thanks

[1]  It looks more  impressive on  a 100"  screen than  on my  usual 17"
screen :-)

--
Edouard Gomez-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...