[XviD-devel] xvid license

Eduardo Machado dudaskank at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 25 02:06:40 CEST 2003

>> Hm, xvid.h might be a problem, that's true.  In
particular it penalizes non-Windows programmers,
because in Windows t he API headers are non-GPL
(VfW...), but for the native API they are. Maybe we
should change the license for xvid.h itself (a "do
what you want" thing?) What do you think?

I think: why not?

Or, maybe better, a XviD-light version. Only the
decoder and without any asm optimizations? This can be
lgpl then, or no?

>> Okay, now for the last time: Because we don't want
XVID to become part of any commercial application.

Sorry for this... :P next time I will start reading
from the first mail...

Bye! ^__^

Eduardo Machado de Oliveira