[XviD-devel] simple profile level 1?

Radek Czyz syskin at ihug.com.au
Mon Apr 28 00:14:53 CEST 2003

Hi,

I guy came to our #xvid channel and asked us how to make a simple
profile level 1 with xvid. It appears that new cellular phones/pda's
by sony are able to play mpeg4 if it's level 1.
I searched a bit and discovered that xvid's simple profile is
hard-coded to level 3. I just sent him a binary with hard-coded level
1 and I'm waiting for results.

Anyway, my question is: would it be useful to include this level in
configuration, in dev-api-4 maybe? If yes, we should do it - mobile
mpeg4 decoders will be popular soon :)
Or maybe we could auto-detect lowest possible level and put this level
to VOL header, instead of always coding level 3?

Radek