[XviD-devel] [BUG] valgrind report

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Mon Apr 28 01:16:54 CEST 2003

Hi,

I did a valgrind pass over dev-api-4. Results are good, i think the work
done in dev-api-3 & cvs_head helped a bit :-)

We had only 2 leaks:
 - one zero bytes blocks
 - and a constant one depending on resolution

After some  code changes  (xvid_malloc and xvid_free  are good  ideas to
force aligment but they do not help tracking the exact malloc for memory
leaks -- the reports is useless because the block is always allocated in
xvid_malloc ;-) i fixed these 2 small bugs.

Btw  i'm fixing a  last problem.  As i  reported (once  upon a  time) in
dev-api-3 (or cvs_head) we  are probably doing MEAnalysis on unitialized
images. This bugs always occur in the first IFrame.

The  new valgrind  releases (1.9.x)  help tracking  cache usage  and the
results are  very good.  Cache misses represent  less than 0.01%  in all
cases. This result surprises me, it seems to me it's too low. Is there a
tool windows devs could use to confirm that number ?

--
Edouard Gomez-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...