[XviD-devel] plugins

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Sat Aug 2 15:13:01 CEST 2003

elcabesa (elcabesa at inwind.it) wrote:
> hi
> i'm triing to hack lumy_mask plugin but i found on my linux pc that xvid run
> lumy_plugin but the final filesize is not affected by it
> it's like differential quantizer returned by plugin are not used

If you use the debug plugin available in xvid_encraw, then you'll notice
that the dquant array is never modified by the plugins (or at least it's
reset and we never notice a change). I already posted a bug report about
that, seems nobody looked at it.

I'm currently reviewing the sources and spot serious bugs. Though they
are silly bugs, they have with great impact on core
 - plugins flags are not right for bit testing (PSNR and REQDQUANTS) but
 in encore, plugin flags are used with "and" operations in result in
 bogus behavior
 - matrices were not functionnal until i had tested them with the brand
 new transcode module for devapi4... encore was copying sizeof(void*)
 bytes from the matrix... it was legacy code from devapi3 where matrices
 were specified as being char[64].

I'm sure  there is  still a  lot more problems  like these  one, nothing
really  serious, we  need just  to cover  a maximum  of code  with basic
tests.

--
Edouard Gomez