[XviD-devel] The bug of the [colorspace_init] function.

n_koba at skcj.co.jp n_koba at skcj.co.jp
Wed Aug 6 09:49:01 CEST 2003

The XVID person in charge

Since introduction and this text are using translation software, it may be
hard to read.

Moreover, you offer wonderful software and I appreciate for it. I am the
engineer who works for Japanese companies.
Although evaluation of XVID was carried out now, when it was made the mode
using MMX or SSE, it turns out that the decoded pictures differ the
original picture and a little. (It becomes somewhat yellow)

* The function currently used for conversion is [yv12_to_rgb32_c].

As a result of investigating, the error of the conversion data which the
[colorspace_init] function generates judged it as the cause.
Then, if it corrects as follows, it will become the color of the level
which is not a problem.

/*   yuv -> rgb def's */

//#define RGB_Y_OUT      1.164
#define RGB_Y_OUT        1.120           // modify
#define B_U_OUT               2.018
#define Y_ADD_OUT        16

#define G_U_OUT               0.391
//#define G_V_OUT             0.813
#define G_V_OUT               0.37 // modify
#define U_ADD_OUT        128

Thank you