[XviD-devel] gmc problem - who to blame? version 2.0

Radek Czyz radoslaw at syskin.cjb.net
Sat Aug 9 02:39:48 CEST 2003

Hi :)

Unfortunately, I have new examples of gmc not being decoded correctly
on libavcodec. I just finished watching my newest encode and I saw
this problem several times - it usually only applies to several
macroblocks and happens in high motion.

This is the only good examples I found:
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~syskin/prob2.avi
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~syskin/prob3.avi

I can give you more, but it's usually very elusive, mostly because of
high motion. It not always appears to be coming from the edges but
maybe it does.

Unfortunately I can't compile ffdshow with some debug GMC output and
compare against xvid's decoder :/

Regards,
Radek

PS. I'm talking to Edouard, he says he's having problems both using
xvid and libavcodec (first clip). I promise that my vfw devapi4 xvid
build decodes both clips correctly. Bizzare.