[XviD-devel] ia64 build brokenness

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Mon Aug 11 18:24:45 CEST 2003

Duraid Madina (duraid at octopus.com.au) wrote:
> : undefined reference to `idct_mmx'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> 	The references to mmx functions are worrying, and only show up in
> today's CVS snap of xvid.

I  guess  you're  compiling CVSHEAD,  it's  a  dead  branch and  is  not
maintained  anymore   (it's  just  here  until  we   merge  things  from
devapi4). Check out the dev-api-4 cvs branch.

> libxvidcore.so.2.1 gives only:
>
> /usr/local/lib/libxvidcore.so.2.1: undefined reference to `idct_ia64'
> /usr/local/lib/libxvidcore.so.2.1: undefined reference to `idct_ia64_init'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> 	It's cool that you wrote ia64 assembly, just don't forget to
> 	assemble it! :)
>
> 	Duraid
>
> P.S. Sorry I didn't fix this, but I hate autoconf with a passion :( A
> quick hack to 'Makefile' to include
> ../../src/dct/ia64_asm/idct_ia64_gcc.o (append this to generic/Makefile
> line 37) at link time worked for me (DCT_IA64_OBJECTS seems to be
> missing some parts, it does include fdct_ia64.o though), at least for
> 0.9.2. CVS still refers to MMX stuff, i'm not even going there... ;)

Hack refused :-)

Please post your platform.inc and config.log after having run
./configure. Thanks

--
Edouard Gomez