[XviD-devel] Has this bug been fixed yet?

Hans K. Rosbach hk at circlestorm.org
Fri Aug 15 23:52:22 CEST 2003

I'm once again testing the new bells and whistles in Xvid, and discovered a
bug.
Problem is, this build is relatively old, but the newest one I could get.

XviD.Alpha.17.07.2003.1100.umaniac.exe
I can't compile my own because I don't have a good compiling
system set up nowadays..

Ok, the problem is with grayscale credits mode..

Problem 1:
When it switches to grayscale, something messes up the picture a whole
lot, possibly due to the sudden change of quant. This results in blocks
never removing some purple blocks that should be black from the
very frame grayscale was turned on. (The frame where credits starts
is the first black frame, but some blocks from the last frame are not
removed.) I assume that the solution to this would be to force an I frame
when we go to grayscale mode. Grayscale was turned on from frame 25162.

>From there, the credits runs fine for a while..  until:

Problem 2:
There are a few last scenes in the credits where the companys animated
logos are displayed. These contains a lot of colors and waves and such.
The I frame seems to be grayscale, but any updates after that appear to
actually contain the colors.. This makes things look BAD..

FYI, I enables just about every switch in the encoder, including 1 bframes,
packed bitstream and GMC. More details upon request.

The clip I used to test this with (like every time) is Futurama S01E01.
I think that problem #2 should be easily reproduced on every episode.

Will there be any updated builds from Nic, Koepi or Umaniac anytime soon?
Happy bug hunting..

-=Dead2=-