[XviD-devel] Discussion about XVID_DEC_FRAME::stride

Ricardo Ferreira ricardo-c-ferreira at ptinovacao.pt
Tue Aug 19 16:48:51 CEST 2003

Is XVID_DEC_FRAME::stride well interpreted?
For me, stride is the number of bytes spent to represent each row in the
image (which has to be multiple of 4 bytes) or, in other words and acording
to xvid-decoding.txt (found in xvidcore\doc), "stride is the difference
between the memory address of the first pixel of a row in the image and the
first pixel of the next row".

While I was trying to use the decoder to output RGB24, via libxvidcore.lib,
I found that I have to put: xframe.stride = XDIM;
instead of: xframe.stride = ((XDIM*3+3) & -4);

I'm assuming that XVID_DEC_FRAME::stride refers to the output image...

Any comments will be appreciated.

Ricardo Ferreira
ricardo-c-ferreiraNOSPAM at ptinovacao.pt
PT Inovação