[XviD-devel] Inlined ASM code again

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Thu Aug 21 13:58:13 CEST 2003

Edouard Gomez (ed.gomez at free.fr) wrote:
> My mirror  is up on free.fr  for fellows that  test arch/tla otherwise
> you can find the patch in attachment.

As usual  the filter cut my emails,  i wonder why it  always dislikes my
attachment :-)

Available here:
http://ed.gomez.free.fr/vrac/gcc-intrinsics.diff.gz

@skal: sorry but i don't see any advantage from using nasm over a cpp+cc
       couple. You have macros in both cases, you have a lot more
       control over variables declaration with a cc (and that count on unix where
       namespace pollution is a pain), and the more important one is
       that you can hopefully use complex types (structures) directly in
       the code... doing  so in nasm is far from easy  because of the cc
       structure packing rules.
       Now i must admit i  used intrinsics to test gcc capabilities, but
       it  could be done  with simple  macros that  would just  wrap mmx
       opcodes and nothing  more (mmx.h in ffmpeg or  mplayer or ...) so
       you would still have the same flexibility than nowadays with nasm.

--
Edouard Gomez