[XviD-devel] XviD 1.0.0 beta and avifile error on compilation (of avifile)

Stephen D. Leedle LeedleSt at gmx.de
Wed Dec 3 12:06:46 CET 2003

Hello!

Let me put it as short as possible:

I tried avifile (http://avifile.sf.net) in combination with xvid 1.0.0
beta. On avifile compilation I get the error that xvid is NOT installed
properly.

I get NO error on mplayer cvs-20031203 compilation.

I get NO error on avifile compilation WITH xvid 0.9.2 (!) codec.

Is this a bug in XviD or in avifile? Is it a bug in installation? Is my
install of XviD unclean? (Well, how can I do a clean install, where is
the difference of installation between 0.9.2 and 1.0.0 beta?)

Hell, I got head ache, because of all these version numbers and compiler
errors/configure messages. *fg*

Have a nice day, Stephen

(Hopefully in the proper mailing list!)