[XviD-devel] [RFC] kthresholding in 2pass2

Radek Czyz syskin at ihug.com.au
Wed Dec 3 23:07:54 CET 2003

Thom wrote

> Just put min I-frame to something >1

Dev-api-4 does not have "min i-frame interval" at all. The setting in
gui was a bug, did two things - one of them was forcing p-frames after
every i-frame (you might think of it as min keyframe interval, until
you remember about b-frames), and also meant "below i-frame distance"
for KF reductor.

I moved it to 2-pass box and left the "below i-frame distance"
meaning.

At the other hand, it had no good reason to cause this quant-31 frames
in two pass. Hopefully it won't happen again, but I suspect GUI have
more bugs like this.

Radek