[XviD-devel] MEncoder still cannot find Xvid 1.0 on Mac OS X...

eldjodjo eldjodjo at ifrance.com
Wed Dec 3 15:43:03 CET 2003

Hi all,

I tried to compile the CVS version of MPlayer with Xvid 1.0.0 beta, and
the
Configure doesn't find it and the log gives me the same error as usual
(on OS X) :

"ld: table of contents for archive: /usr/local/lib/libxvidcore.a is out
of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)"

and when I run ranlib on "libxvidcore.a", it says "ranlib: file:
libxvidcore.a(timer.o) has no symbols"

so we still cannot use the latest Xvid on OS X with Mencoder, we're
stuck with 0.9.2...

please help !

Thanks.