[XviD-devel] [RFC] kthresholding in 2pass2

Thom thom at net2hardware.com
Wed Dec 3 16:02:39 CET 2003

>Dev-api-4 does not have "min i-frame interval" at all. The setting in
>gui was a bug, did two things - one of them was forcing p-frames after
>every i-frame (you might think of it as min keyframe interval, until
>you remember about b-frames), and also meant "below i-frame distance"
>for KF reductor.

Well sure you are right but me and doom9 members set the option called
min I-frame in the GUI to 3 or 5 and we had this problem of Q31 then we
pass this option to 1 with no quantizer problem.

So I don't know if this option are avalaible or not in dev-api-4, if it is just a bug in the GUI  but
it seems to make problem. I just keep default parameter (1) it work
good ;)

Enjoy ++
      Thom

--