[XviD-devel] [Commit] header bugfix

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Wed Dec 3 16:44:35 CET 2003

Edouard Gomez (ed.gomez at free.fr) wrote:
> I  asked for  an url  with latest  profiles Ids  so i  could work  on an
> automatic  suitable profile  finder but  got no  answer. If  someone had
> this, please, post it.

Until someone sends me more profiles description than i can have in the
vfw source, any objection adding this ?

    if (!pParam->profile) {
        /* Profile was not set by client app, use the more permissive profile
         * compatible with the vol_type_id */
        switch(vol_type_ind) {
        case VIDOBJLAY_TYPE_ASP:
            pParam->profile = 0xf5; /* ASP level 5 */
            break;
        case VIDOBJLAY_TYPE_ART_SIMPLE:
            pParam->profile = 0x94; /* ARTS level 4 */
            break;
        default:
            pParam->profile = 0x03; /* Simple level 3 */
            break;
        }
    }

    /* Write the VOS header */
    BitstreamPutBits(bs, VISOBJSEQ_START_CODE, 32);
    BitstreamPutBits(bs, pParam->profile, 8);   /* profile_and_level_indication */

Except the fact  we don't respect vbv (yet),  setting profiles like this
is not  very good  (width, height  are not checked,  neither in  vfw nor
here)

FFMPEG doesn't do better at this it sets simple at L1 or ASP at L1.

--
Edouard Gomez