[XviD-devel] MEncoder still cannot find Xvid 1.0 on Mac OS X...

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Thu Dec 4 11:08:43 CET 2003

eldjodjo (eldjodjo at ifrance.com) wrote:
> I re-ran ranlib on the installed libxvidcore.a, and it was finally
> found by MPlayer/MEncoder !
>
> I did a quick test and it encodes rather well.
>
> I can do some benchmarks if you want, I have a Power Mac G5 1,8 GHz.
> Sorry, I cannot do patches, I'm an AppleScript programmer... :-)

The PPC port  is not up to date. Moreover the  qpel experience proved us
it's  very important  to have  equivalent iDCT  functions.  So  use this
version  with care  because i  don't  think anyone  tested Altivec  iDCT
compatibillity with the C and MMX versions based on Walken's one.

--
Edouard Gomez