[XviD-devel] Colorspace question

Christoph Nägeli chn at kbw.ch
Fri Dec 5 13:26:48 CET 2003

Hi all,

I've almost finished my XviD QuickTime Component for OS X, but I've got
yet some things to do before I may start by XviD itself.
As far as I can remember, there was a colorspace constants (I think it
was dev-api-2 or something like that) that allowed you to specify a
function instead of a bitmap. This function was called as soon as XviD
needed to work on the image and that function was allowed to write
directly the image into the interal image buffer.

In dev-api-4 I cannot find something like that, is there a way I may do
this? This would prevent one unnecessary copying of data.
Correct me if this feature has never existed, but I think mplayer used
this in the decoder.
I'm writing an encoder by the way.

Regards
Christoph