[XviD-devel] Colorspace question

Christoph Nägeli chn at kbw.ch
Sat Dec 6 16:56:29 CET 2003

On Dec 6, 2003, at 15:33, Christoph Lampert wrote:

>>> the above only applies to the decoder.
>>
>> Wouldn't that be a nice feature for the encoder?
>> Is something like that in progress?
>
> What exactly do you mean?
> Some kind of "external" color space, so pointers to internal
> mem is provided which externally have to be filled instead of
> by xvid's colorspace routines?
>
> This might become a little difficult, because internal edging etc.
> In what way would that help you? Just speedup?

Yep. Just speedup. It's a little slow...

The converting is the following:
	- I become the bitmap in a QuickTime Structure
	- I convert this to a bitmap
	- I give the bitmap to xvid

So I think this middle step is unnecessary.
I'm not sure how much time there is spent so perhaps this is not really
important.

> Maybe something like that is possible by the existing plugin mechanism?
There's no documentation. I just had a look at the implementation by
mencoder.
I'm not sure how they work.

Christoph N.