[XviD-devel] Linux (gcc) optimizations

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Wed Dec 10 23:27:09 CET 2003

Christoph Lampert (chl at math.uni-bonn.de) wrote:
> With "-fcgse" compiling failed on all SuSE 9. I myself updated an older
> version with a newer gcc and had the same problems now.

Strange,  Debian uses  a  "latest gcc  release"  + CVS  updates (to  fix
regressions only afaik) and it does compile everything like a charm.

Anyway,  go  ahead,  change  what  is  needed (in  the  first  lines  of
configure.in,    you'll   find    the    aggregated   default    compile
options).  According to  latest gcc  benchmarking  (the one  with a  DNA
based benchmarking procedure)  -03 gave best results for  most tests. We
should  just take  care of  additionnal  flags which  can cause  trouble
combined with -03.

Someone feeling the courage to run the DNA banchmrking ? ;-)

--
Edouard Gomez