[XviD-devel] Display Aspect Ratio -> Pixel Aspect ratio solution

Michael Militzer michael at xvid.org
Sat Dec 13 17:10:41 CET 2003

Hi,

while I'm not at all familiar how aspect ratios are signaled in the
bitstream, I think it should be possible to scale the output image
within xvidcore without too much overhead: When postprocessing is
switched on, we currently do the following:

1) Copy the internal decoder picture to a seperate buffer
2) Apply postprocessing onto the copied image
3) Do colorspace conversions of the copy and provide the result to
the external app.

Now I think it should be possible to modify step 1 to not only simply
copy the decoder image, but also scale it depending on the AspectRatio.

bye,
Michael