[XviD-devel] How to improve the performance of XVID codec.

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Wed Dec 17 09:22:15 CET 2003

Hi,=20

I am not the assembler expert, but I assume that there aren't as much =20
SSE2/Pentium4 optimizations as for other plattforms. Also, I would assume
it's the least tested. Is it active by default at all?=20
So if you are really skilled in this, you might want to look at src/xvid.c
where the accellerated routines are activated based on CPU flags, the
routine is xvid_gbl_init().

gruel