[XviD-devel] Re: License/legal discussions

Tom Barry trbarry at trbarry.com
Sun Dec 21 19:09:37 CET 2003

In practice it might just mean that you are allowed to distribute
until the patent holder does something to stop you or manages to do
something enough to make the copyright holder(s) complain.  Even the
GPL does not really do anything without a complaint from the injured
party (the Xvid developers).  That is, it does not just depend upon
the terms of the open source license but how all the copyright
owners choose to enforce it.

- Tom