[XviD-devel] xvid bframe encoder question

Christoph Nägeli chn at kbw.ch
Mon Dec 29 20:25:01 CET 2003

Hi again,

Another question about this stuff.
If I begin encoding (like the last time):
I-1 B-2 B-3 P-4 B-5 B-6 P-7

The after giving the encoder the second frame, I got no data, that's
clear.
The only problem is, that I have to give data back to QuickTime.

I head a look how the QuickTime divx component handles this stuff and
that component returnes 8 bytes each time a b-frame is coded.

Since I know that the next data returned is from P-4 (and depending on
settings B-2, too), is it possible that I may return a header or
something like that, It only has to be some bytes, so QuickTime knows
that there is a frame, the actual data my come later I think.

Is that possible?

Christoph