[XviD-devel] int32_t etc.

Michel LESPINASSE xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 14:56:27 -0800

On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 11:31:05PM +0100, Christoph Lampert wrote:
> uint_fast32_t
> instead of just
> uint32_t
>
> Those are by definition "the fastest unsigned type with at least 32bit"
> and since we almost never rely on "exactly 32 bits", but just on "more
> than 16", we could switch at many places. This would be better for
> upcoming 64bit machines, and also it's better style.

hmmmm is it not OK to just use 'int' in these cases ? I'd expect most
targets (except for 16-bit systems) to use an int that is both fast on
their CPU, and at least 32 bits in size. Is this not always the case ???

Puzzled,

--
Michel "Walken" LESPINASSE
Is this the best that god can do ? Then I'm not impressed.