[XviD-devel] Is your machine too fast?

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Mon Feb 3 17:25:16 CET 2003

Hi,

do you have a fast machine and fast internet access? Then please do me a
favour and download some 720p and 1080p test-sequences from

ftp://ftp.ldv.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de/pub/test_sequences/1080p/
ftp://ftp.ldv.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de/pub/test_sequences/720p/

Encode them using any software which reads raw YUV4:2:0 format
(e.g. xvid_stat) and post the results.
Please do one test with fixed quant 6 for _all_ frames types (including
B-frames), because that way we can compare to the H26.L reference results.

Remember: These are 1280x720@50fps or 1920x1080@25fps  so I
doubt anyone of you will reach real-time encoding. ;-)