[XviD-devel] [BUG] Small LUT implementation

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Tue Feb 4 21:35:37 CET 2003

IA64 architecture  spoted out a  bug in the  small LUT code,  the (nasty
imo) fix has been to use  ptr_t for all variables type... which was just
"stupid"[1] because ptr_t is supposed to cast a bus address into its int
data  format so  we  can do  logical  operations on  it (mainly  address
alignment)

So i had a look at the  code, and it's simply buggy, because we can have
an array  index == -1 which is  then causing a segfault.  We(Marc and I)
are  just wondering  how it  worked  fine on  ia32... of  course we  are
working at fixing that.

@gruel i found why we were getting small bitstreams, it was a mistake of
mine i introduced in my working tree.  Use the code from the cvs for the
src/bitstream/bitstream.h file and it will work fine.

[1] a better word would be nosense :-)

--
Edouard Gomez