[XviD-devel] [BUG] Small LUT implementation - Previous patch wasnot the right one

Marco Al marco at simplex.nl
Wed Feb 5 05:00:36 CET 2003

From: "Edouard Gomez" <ed.gomez at free.fr>

> This one should be ok, it does not change the cactus example. So I think
> u really understand i would like you all to test it when possible.

If you absolutely cannot abide the test relying on underflow and the
sequence of evaluation just keep my code and add an extra
"if (run > max_run[intra][last][level])"
in front of the if statement for escape-2 coding, no need to make run_esc
signed or to duplicate code.

I still say the only patch that is needed is

-if (level <= max_level[intra][last][run_esc] && run_esc <=
max_run[intra][last][level])
+if (run_esc <= max_run[intra][last][level] && level <=
max_level[intra][last][run_esc])

Marco