[XviD-devel] Watcom compiler

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Sun Feb 9 21:25:42 CET 2003

On Sun, 9 Feb 2003, Edouard Gomez wrote:

> Christoph Lampert (chl at math.uni-bonn.de) wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > does XVID compile with OpenWatcom?
> >
> > ftp://ftp.openwatcom.org/watcom/readme.txt
>
> I'm pretty sure XviD 0.9.x tree will compile because it's pure ANSI
> C. Btw, this compiler will probably need another Makefile because watcom
> probably ships its own make implementation and so on.

XVID is ANSI C, but I guess only after the compiler passed through
portab.h in which it fails e.g. for IRIX cc because the compiler is
unknown.

It only checks for

#if defined(_MSC_VER)

#elif defined(__GNUC__) || defined(__ICC)

#else

#    error Do not know how to define (u)int(size)_t types.

#endif

Although they simply are part of  C99 as inttypes.h  !