[XviD-devel] Watcom compiler

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Sun Feb 9 23:56:30 CET 2003

Christoph Lampert (chl at math.uni-bonn.de) wrote:

> XVID is ANSI C, but I guess only after the compiler passed through
> portab.h in which it fails e.g. for IRIX cc because the compiler is
> unknown.

Ironic ? ok ok ok christoph, try  now, i commited a patch that should be
a lot more "unknown compiler" friendly.  Of course if you go through the
unknown  compiler #ifdef  paths, then  all stuff  is generic...  so it's
probably wrong for your architecture  but i can't do better as alignment
and others macros depends on the inline assembler and so on...

> Although they simply are part of  C99 as inttypes.h  !

ANSI C  is ISO C89,  so relying  on this, is  not very ANSI  C compliant
...  anyway, i  commited with  the same  patch an  #include <inttypes.h>
instead of the previous definitions.

If you know better solutions to these problems just tell me, i'm open to
foreign ideas ;-)

--
Edouard Gomez-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...